WHO IS WHO IN KWABWAYI
Updated: Mar 25
I. KWABWAYI SONGS
Verse 1: And so it came to pass that in about 1250 years ago, Sin Kuru also known as Kuku Lubanga and his 12 wives begot some three sons, Lioleituk Dyang’, Odongo Pok Boni and Opiyo Podho Koma.
Verse 2: From the house of Opiyo Podho Koma, Ringruok (1245) begot Owat (1274).
Verse 3: And Owat begot Twaifo (1303).
Verse 4: Twaifo begot Jok I (1332).
Verse 5: And then it came to pass that Jok I begot 3 sons Nayo (1361), Omolo (1363) and Owiny (1366).
Verse 6: And Nayo begot Jok II (1390).
Verse 7: Jok II begot Ramogi I (1419).
Verse 8: And Ramogi I begot Aruwa (1448) and another son Podho II (1450) that he named after his ancestor Podho.
Verse 9: And in the homestead of Ramogi I lived two assimilated brothers Bwayi and Apelo
Verse 10: And the two brothers were expert ranchers and veterinary medics
Verse 11: And Bwayi particularly was a renowned cattle whisperer
Verse 12: And Podho II took special liking to him because of his prowess
Verse 13: And Podho II included him in his entourage during the exodus.
Verse 14: And because Apelo suffered eczema he was identified by his wounds of Adhola.
Verse 15: And Bwayi and Apelo now Adhola joined the trek to the gulf area.
Verse 16: And at gulf waters Bwayi left Adhola and crossed the knee length waters in search of better grazing lands in milambo
Verse 17: And left alone, Adhola drifted into slavery just to subsist.
Verse 18: And it came to pass that Bwayi married Sirime.
Verse 19: And when Sirime passed on Bwayi married Midar.
Verse 20: And Bwayi begot Otuoma Randiek
Verse 21: And Otuoma begot six sons Sirime, Wanga, Achuth, Ogweno, Ombuoro, Ngare and Odondo.
II. WHO IS WHO IN KWABWAYI
1. BWAYI: Rancher, Farmer, philanthropist, community organiser; traditional veterinary medic, cattle whisperer.
2. HON OTIENO OGINDO, MP: Member of Parliament for Ndhiwa.
3. HON ORWA OJODE: Popular politician; member of Parliament; Cabinet Minister.
4. Odira Oginda: Military services; Executed in 1982 coup court martialling for refusing to implicate Right Honourable Prime Minister Raila Amolo Odinga.
5. Dickson Ogingo: Public administrator, Community Organiser, Philanthropist.
6. Ajwang’ Nyangisa: Community Organiser, Philanthropist.
7. Richard Ouma: Civic administrator, County governance: MCA- Kwabwayi and Kadhola.
8. Okumu Odongo: International Football Star, Corporate Banker; Harambee Stars, Luo Union FC, Premier Football club, Banker in UAE
9. Councillor John Ngare Owaga: County Public governance, community organiser, philanthropist
10. Dr Aketche: Medic, Businessman, community organiser, philanthropist
11. Ose Ngare: Educationist, community organiser, Philanthropist
12. Dr Charles Olang'o: Academia; Maseno University
READ ALSO: LUO EXODUS