WHO IS WHO IN KAMAGAMBO
Updated: Apr 7, 2022
I. KOMBE KOMBE RETREAT CHANTS
Verse 1: And Sin Kuru begot Dhiang’, Odongo and Podho I
Verse 2: And Podho I begot Ringruok
Verse 3: And Ringruok begot Owat.
Verse 4: And Owat begot Twaifo.
Verse 5: And Twaifo begot Jok I.
Verse 6: And Jok I begot Nayo, Omolo and Owiny.
Verse 7: And Nayo begot Jok II.
Verse 8: And Jok II begot Ramogi I.
Verse 9: And Ramogi I begot Aruwa and Podho II and Kombe Kombe.
Verse 10: And Kombe Kombe begot Girango
Verse 11: And Girango begot Suba.
Verse 12: And Suba begot Tegi.
Verse 13: And young Master Tegi married Miss Mbija daughter of Ramogi Ajwang’ son of Ramogi II son of Podho II and begot ancestor Magambo.
Verse 14: And it came to pass that descendants of Kombe Kombe arrived first in present day Samia.
Verse 15: And a later entourage of Owiny was passing by.
Verse 16: And Kombe Kombe descendants raised alarm thinking that brethren Ramogi descendants were up to their no good tricks of harvesting where they do not sow.
Verse 17: And Kombe Kombe village fled with all their stock chanting “Kombe Kombe Ring uru Joka Ramogi kwalo dhok”.
Verse 18: And in flight Kombe Kombe descendants waded the knee length waters to present day milambo
Verse 19: And while many Kombe Kombe clans like Kamagambo found milambo sites to their taste for other skills like astronomy and harvesting falling meteorites using buffalo hides in trapping the precious metals from sinking too deep into the ground.
Verse 20: And some Kombe Kombe clans fled even further along the lake basin to present day Tanganyika leaving behind ruins like Thim Lich Ohinga.
II. WHO IS WHO IN KAMAGAMBO
1. HEZEKIAH OYUGI OGANGO- Public Administrator, Public Services management; DC, PC, Permanent Secretary:
The high flying descendant of Ramogi I had a single mindedness to uplift the conditions of all descendants of Kombe Kombe, Aruwa and Podho I. Even his most erstwhile detractors scratch the ground for slurs and anti-Luo slurs against him. And poetically his only sin is no bigger than the sin of Podho II who dismembered the bowels of his daughter to recover the beads. Ogango was philanthropist extraordinary in Luo land because he covered both sides of the lake.
2. DALMAS ANYANGO OTIENO: Technocrat, Investment banker. Politician; Proprietor Thabiti Bank, Cabinet Minister, Member of Parliament
3. John Linus Aluoch Polo: Businessman, Investment banker, Philanthropist, Politician; Member of Parliament
4. Cyrillus Christopher Ogola Nyawanga aka Akuot Diri Nyawanga aka Ogola CC: Philanthropist, Businessman; Enterpreneur Akuot Diri Nyawanga Conglomerate In Nyanza. He donated the 200 acres of land for the construction of MIT Migori.
5. David Osiany- INGO Technocrat, Philanthropist, Business man, Public Services Manager; CAS,
6. Evans Ating’a-Philanthropist, Businessman; Entrepreneur Ating'a Securities.
7. C.S.O. Opiyo aka Mongiki (Kamagambo Kong’idi) – Educationist; Inspector of schools
8. Prof Oyola Akungu: Academia
9. Prof Okach: Academia
10. Engineer Kennedy Owino: Technocrat, Philanthropist
11. Dr Constantine Wasonga- Academia, Trade Unionist Philanthropist; Lecturer, Maseno University; Lawyer and Secretary- General, Universities Academy Staff Union.
12.Engineer Omondi Ngare - Businessman, Community Organiser
13.Jacob Odero Odek- Businessman, Community Organiser
14. Senior Chief Samwel Odhiambo Magak (Kagoro) - Businessman, Community Organiser
15. Philemon Oluoch- Public Administrator, Community Organiser; Provincial Sports Administrator
16. Fred Mwango aka Goatie shaver- Public Administrator, Businessman, Community Organiser, Philanthropist
17. Aluochier Polo: Politician Businessman, Community Organiser, Philanthropist.
18. Opiyo Midiang'a- Diaspora based Finance Technocrat, philanthropist
19. William Anyango Otieno- London based stock broker and wealth manager.
20. Oluoch Munda- Philanthropist, Community organiser
21. Polycarp Ang'ila-Philanthropist, Community organiser
22. Pastor Ang'ienda -Philanthropist, Community organiser, Prelate
23. Prof Humphrey Jeremiah Ojwang (Kambija) - Academia, Anthropologist, Philanthropist, Community organiser; currently Senior Research fellow at Nairobi University
24. Wilkista Anyango Nyambok -Philanthropist, Community organiser
25. Dr Edward Orony Omollo -Academia, author; molecular biologist Dominican University Columbus Ohio; Author (Beyond Expectations and Embodiment of Hope, life story of Luo Culture)
26. Samson Ogola - Philanthropist, Community organiser
27. Owiyo Nyakako- Philanthropist, Businessman; Beltezer Community Organiser
28. Philip Kong'o- Philanthropist, Community organiser
29. Jo Anne Otieno- Career, Chartered accountant
30. Turfena Achola Nguka -Philanthropist, Community organiser.
31. James Onyango Akanda -Career Serviceman, Surveyor Large scale farmer Folklorist, Community Organiser; WW2 Veteran, public service man, sugar cane farmer.
32. Rhoda Akinyi Ong'iela -Philanthropist, Community organiser
33. Dr Jerusa Muga- Author, community organiser, philanthropist; ( If today was your las day on earth).
34. Chief Maurice Ariyo Anyango- Public administrator, Community Organiser
35. Roselyn Ayoo- Philanthropist, Community Organiser
36. Bonn Oremo -Philanthropist, Community organiser, public governance; MCA
37 . Rhoda Akinyi Ong'iela -Philanthropist, Community organiser
38.Carolyn Okerre -Philanthropist, Community organiser, Public governance ; MCA
39. Zilper Audley Ochuodho -Philanthropist, Community organiser, public governance; Migori Women rep
40. Millicent Dorothy Kajimba -Philanthropist, Community organiser
READ ALSO: Luo Exodus